This Sungold Caprese Salad is what you make when your tomato plant is taking over your garden! I’m trying hard to keep up with it, but I’m starting to look at some recipes for sun drying tomatoes at home. Have any of you all had success with that?
This Sungold Caprese Salad is a beautiful summer salad only has a few ingredients, plus oil, salt, and my favorite balsamic glaze. Just a spring green blend (baby
Let me tell you more about my favorite glaze – this is just a reduced balsamic vinegar I find at Trader Joe’s. You can definitely just simmer about 1/2 cup of good balsamic vinegar on the stovetop until it thickens to make your own reduction, but I keep this ready to go glaze on hand and absolutely love it on salads. If you are gathering ingredients for this Sungold Caprese S
And those baby fresh mozzarella pearls are the cutest thing ever. I found them in the deli cheese section of my grocery store. And if you don’t have fresh basil in your garden, grab a pot and some soil, and plant one right now. It’s a sun-loving herb that just loves to be picked, and it takes any dish with tomatoes over the top!
Here in AZ, we are enjoying the most beautiful May I think I’ve ever known in all my 35 years of living here. Trying to be outside going for bike rides, working in the garden, and chasing the chickens as much as we can! Hope you are enjoying this season as well.Print
- 2 cups baby arugula and spinach blend
- 1 cup Sungold tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use avocado oil)
- pinch of kosher salt
- drizzle of balsamic glaze to taste
- Arrange greens on a platter, and top with Sungold tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and *pine nuts.
- Drizzle avocado oil over the salad, and sprinkle with salt.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze just before serving. Tastes best at room temperature.
*To toast pine nuts, place them in a dry pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often until they are golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Watch closely so they don’t burn.