This Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad has summer written all over it. I’m loving how fresh and vibrant it is, and it really is the perfect side dish to any summer BBQ. I’m calling it a salad, but you could even serve it as a dip with those cute little scoopie tortilla chips. Fresh corn cut off the cob is EVERYTHING! Amen?
You really can’t mess this one up. The ingredients are so good just as they are, and even more amazing all in one platter with a creamy avocado dressing mixed in with just a hint of spice and touch of honey.
That dressing though… It’s so velvety and delicious! Add a few dollops to the salad and toss to coat just before serving. We prefer this salad at room temperature.
What I Love About Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
- It’s so fresh, and healthy and uses seasonal ingredients.
- It’s quick and easy to make.
- It’s versatile – You could serve it as a side salad, add some cooked pasta to make it a pasta salad, serve it as a dip, or topping for chicken tacos.
It’s time to celebrate summer! Grill up some chicken, make this salad and invite your favorite people over to share it with you. Don’t forget the homemade ice cream for dessert!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 3 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob*
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed
- Juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste if needed)
- 2 tablespoons water (more as needed to thin)
- Add avocado, corn, tomatoes, and red onion to a large bowl. Squeeze lime over the salad, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, spoon dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Pour onto a platter. Serve at room temperature.
- Add avocado, jalapeño, lime juice, honey, olive oil, ground cumin, and salt to a blender or small food processor, and pulse. Scrape down sides and add water as needed to thin to desired consistency.