I cannot stop buying peaches. Every time I’m in the produce section of the grocery store, I can smell their sweet aroma before I even see them. I keep thinking, what if this is the last chance I have this season to get peaches? Better buy one more box… Thus, another peach recipe (Peach Hand Pies, Grilled Peaches With Yogurt Cream, and Peach Crisp). This one is so simple and yet presents itself with a certain air of sophistication, as only puff pastry can do.
This “recipe” is more of a method. You really could use a variety of different fruit in the same way. Start by slicing the peaches thinly. I did not bother to peel them because I think it adds a nice color contrast, but you could peel them if you prefer. I think fruit is the easiest thing to photograph. It’s just so naturally beautiful and always holds so still for me.
Allow the frozen puff pastry to thaw for 15-20 minutes on a baking sheet, and then gently unfold it. Cut the puff pastry in half.
Arrange the peach slices down the center of the puff pastry.
My peaches were very sweet on their own, but I did sprinkle them with a little bit of brown sugar. Brush the egg onto the edges of the pastry.
Sprinkle the sparkling sugar over the edges of the puff pastry.
Bake at 415 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
Allow to cool on a cooling rack and then transfer to a serving platter. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.Print
My favorite summertime fruit in a gorgeous puff pastry tart.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of your peaches)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry on a slipat lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully unfold puff pastry, and cut into two strips.
- Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Peel the peaches (optional) and slice peaches thinly.
- Arrange the peaches on the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the peaches with brown sugar.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg.
- Sprinkle with edges of the puff pastry with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are a deep golden brown.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 84mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: peach tarts, fresh peaches, puff pastry, easy, summer