I was introduced to “yogurt cream” on an episode of Pioneer Woman. She made a yogurt cream berry parfait. I’ve had a couple of peaches on my kitchen countertop for a couple of days getting nice and ripe, and decided to grill them to caramelize the sugars and then top them with the yogurt cream. The flavor combination of the warm juicy peaches with the sweet creamy yogurt is a perfect match. Looks fancy, but comes together very quickly.Print
Grilled Peaches With Yogurt Cream
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Sweet, juicy grilled peaches with a brown sugar yogurt cream.
- 1–1/2 cup plain, unflavored yogurt (I used greek)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (to 3/4 cup) brown sugar
- First, pour the yogurt into a bowl and then add the cream.
- With a whisk, stir until the cream is incorporated into the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top of the yogurt mixture. Do not stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least three or four hours.
To Grill the peaches
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Brush the surface with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill face side down for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
Source: Yogurt cream adapted from Pioneer Woman
Keywords: grilled peaches, yogurt cream, summer, peaches
Leave a Reply