If I had to pick one Christmas cookie from the list of those we make each year, these would be my very favorite. I hope I haven’t already said that about a cookie because this time I really mean it. The beautiful thing is they are so very SIMPLE. No frosting, no sprinkles, no cookie cutters, no food coloring, and only 5 ingredients. So very SIMPLE!
But there’s something about how perfectly crisp and delicate they are. Because of the high butter to flour ratio, these cookies are ultra thin. And buttery! Normally I’m all about the big, gooey, thick, chewy cookies, but these Christmas Oatmeal Cookies are so very good just as they are.
If you like a cookie that isn’t too sweet, these are for you. But they can definitely handle a generous dusting of powdered sugar. Only kind of snow we have around here!
May your Christmas be as SIMPLY beautiful as these cookies.
May it overflow with JOYFUL memories of Christmases gone by.
May it be a gathering place for those you LOVE.
May it be a source of HOPE for the future.
May it be a celebration of TRUTH and GRACE.
“A thrill of HOPE the weary world REJOICES, for yonder breaks a new and GLORIOUS morn.”Print
Nothing fancy, just really, really good Christmas Oatmeal Cookies. Easy to make with only five ingredients.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add vanilla, then flour and oatmeal.
- Drop 1 inch balls onto cookie sheet and flatten. You can do this by hand, or with the bottom of a glass (spray with nonstick spray).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
*If you don’t have quick oats, you can pulse old fashioned oats in the blender or food processor a few times.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: Christmas oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies, Christmas baking, cookies