These BBQ Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Lime Cream are the perfect easy weeknight dinnertime solution. If you have a rotisserie chicken on hand, you’re well on your way to having a tasty spread to gather your family around. If you love BBQ chicken pizza, you’ll definitely LOVE these! They are a delicious combination inspired by my Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos and my BBQ Chicken Tacos.
Start by making the Cilantro Lime Cream. You can make it in a blender or food processor with just sour cream, lime, cilantro, and salt. You can drizzle the cream over the cooked taquitos, or use it as a dip.
Next, mix up your BBQ chicken filling. I try to keep a few ziplock bags with 2 cup portions of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, all shredded up and ready to use in the freezer. Add some canned black beans and corn (frozen or canned), and mix it all together with your favorite BBQ sauce. We love Kinder’s mild BBQ (found at Costco).
Spray a baking sheet with a cooking oil spray (like olive or canola oil) and get the oven nice and hot at 400 degrees. Evenly distribute the BBQ chicken mixture onto each of the tortillas, and roll them up tightly. I like to use the uncooked tortillas from Costco. I cook them for a minute or two on each side in a hot skillet before using them in this recipe. I love the texture!
Before placing the rolled taquitos in the oven, spray the top with the cooking oil spray, and then sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until the edges look browned and crisp. Then pull the baking sheet out, top with cheese and onions, and return to the oven for a few more minutes. When the cheese is melted and bubbly, they are ready to come out.
I like to drizzle the cilantro lime cream over the top, with a nice sprinkle of fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice. So GOOD!
Sometimes an easy dinner that comes together quickly is a lifesaver on a busy weeknight. As our families have gone through this season of having so much time at home together, our family dinners around the table have become so important to us. Even as our schedules start to fill in a bit as things get back to normal, we need to guard our family dinner time and not let it go!
My hope is that you’ll be able to use the easy dinnertime recipes here on LLK to bring your family and loves ones around the table, again and again, making memories and building strong bonds with each other. It’s so much more than just food on the table. Keep up the good work, friends!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These BBQ Chicken Taquitos are the perfect easy weeknight dinnertime solution. If you love BBQ chicken pizza, you’ll definitely LOVE these!
For the Cilantro Lime Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the BBQ Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Kinder’s)
- 8 flour tortillas
- oil spray
- kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Spray a baking sheet with a cooking oil spray. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small food processor, combine sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, beans, corn, and BBQ sauce. Mix until evenly coated.
- Lay tortillas out on a clean work surface, and then divide the chicken mixture evenly in the center of each tortilla. Roll them up, and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the top of each rolled taquito with cooking oil spray, and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the edges are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and sprinkle the cheese and red onions over the taquitos. Return them to the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the taquitos from the oven, drizzle with cilantro lime cream, and top with fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Taquito
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 1102mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: bbq chicken taquitos, cilantro lime cream, bbq chicken, taquitos