I made these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars for a really special little lunch. My grandpa had a stroke this summer while he was having life saving heart surgery. His heart is now doing great, but his memory, speech, and strength are very slowly coming back from a little hiatus. I’m amazed at the way the human body has been created to be so resilient and we are so thankful for each day we have with him.
So when his almost 90 year old sister wanted to fly in from California to see him, we all wanted to make it a special time for them. Do you know how cute it is to see siblings come together at this point in their lives? There was a lot of reminiscing, a lot of story telling, and of course, these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars were enjoyed by all as we gathered and lingered around my mom’s dining room table.
These bars are soft, moist, and buttery…. actually they use the same base as my Raspberry Almond Bars.
You can sprinkle some extra white chocolate chips on right when the come out of the oven, or you can melt it first and then drizzle it over the top, which is pretty too.
After what we’ve walked through with my grandpa this summer, I definitely have a new appreciation for the little things, like family, memories, and Hope. Actually, those really aren’t little things at all! Life is precious my friends!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These bars are soft, moist, and buttery with the classic white chocolate and macadamia nut combination. A must try!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8 by 8 inch baking pan by greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time and beat into the butter and sugar. Add almond extract and mix.
- Mix the salt into the flour, and slowly add to the bowl, mixing on low speed.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the white chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup of the chopped macadamia nuts. Mix just to incorporate.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, spreading it to the edges. It will be thick and sticky. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chopped macadamia nuts on top, but reserve the white chocolate chips until after baking because they tend to burn with the direct heat of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are just turned a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips over the top. Cool, then slice into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: white chocolate macadamia nut bars, white chocolate, macadamia nuts, dessert bars