- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8 by 8 inch baking pan by greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time and beat into the butter and sugar. Add almond extract and mix.
- Mix the salt into the flour, and slowly add to the bowl, mixing on low speed.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the white chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup of the chopped macadamia nuts. Mix just to incorporate.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, spreading it to the edges. It will be thick and sticky. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chopped macadamia nuts on top, but reserve the white chocolate chips until after baking because they tend to burn with the direct heat of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are just turned a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips over the top. Cool, then slice into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg