I am a huge fan and longtime user of Silpat non-stick baking mats. With as much baking as I do, I appreciated having less clean up when it comes to my baking sheets. When Silpat contacted me about sending me one of their products, I was excited to try it out.
It’s called the Silpat Entremet and it is a nonstick baking pan. It’s everything we already love about Silpat baking mats (non-stick and even baking) except it has sides! I always line my baking pans with parchment paper so that I can remove my cakes and bar cookies and cut them on a cutting board instead of inside the pan. The Silpat Entremet allows me to do this without parchment paper, and acts as a nonstick invertible mold.
It works for sweet desserts as well as savory dishes. This Teriyaki Glazed Salmon is the first recipe I tried using the Silpat Entremet. I love the way the teriyaki glaze caramelizes as it bakes, but it is really sticky and difficult to clean off a naked baking sheet. I’ve tried lining my baking sheets with foil, but somehow the sauce always sneaks through the cracks. The Entremet kept all that sticky, sweet glaze right around the salmon where you want it, and clean up was a breeze. It just rinsed right off!
My family loves this salmon, and I love that I’m giving them something that they enjoy and is good for them too. There’s no fussing at the table when this one’s on the menu.
I’ll be sharing a dessert recipe that I made in the Silpat Entremet soon!Print
A quick and easy recipe for salmon baked with a sticky sweet teriyaki glaze.
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. salmon
- 1 cup water, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together ¾ cup water, ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, honey, and brown sugar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining ¼ cup water, and whisk into other ingredients.
- Continue heating and stirring occasionally until it gently boils and thickens slightly.
- Place Silpat Entremet non-stick baking pan on an aluminum baking sheet for support. Place salmon on the Silpat Entremet.
- Pour half of the teriyaki glaze over the salmon, lifting the salmon up slightly so that the glaze can go under a little. You may want to baste the top of the salmon with the surrounding glaze once or twice as it bakes with a kitchen brush.
- When the oven is ready, bake salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of your fillet. I like to test the thickest part with a fork to see if it will flake.
- Drizzle with remaining teriyaki glaze and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 669mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
Keywords: teriyaki glazed salmon, teriyaki salmon, salmon, teriyaki glaze, healthy, easy
Disclosure: While I received one Entremet to review, I’ve purchased multiple Silpat baking mats of my own. All opinions expressed are my own.