This is the recipe I promised to tell you about in my last post where I introduced you to the Silpat Entremet. In addition to being perfect for my Teriyaki Glazed Salmon, it also worked really well with Cheesecake Swirled Fudge Brownies. The brownie recipe is one that came with the Entremet that was sent to me to review, and I decided to make it my own by adding a layer of cheesecake. Let me just tell you, THESE. ARE. SO. GOOD! As I was writing this post, Little Boy #1 looked over my shoulder at the images of these stacked cheesecake swirled brownies, and exclaimed excitedly, “DO WE STILL HAVE SOME OF THOSE?!?”
Sorry bud, we polished these off a couple weeks ago, remember? All we have is pictures…
I actually made these on my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Although it sounds a little pathetic to make your own dessert on your birthday, this is not the case for me. I love to bake, and I love trying new recipes. My husband knows giving me time alone in the kitchen is a huge gift. I also like to pick out and arrange my own flowers, by the way. My husband knows this after 13 years of marriage as well. Maybe I’m a little controlling?
Right after I had finished chilling, cutting, and taste testing these brownies (love my job), my mom shows up at my door with her homemade lemon bars, which she knows go straight to my heart… And maybe to my hips, but who cares. Calories don’t count on your birthday! Can you tell we use food as a love language in our family? When I was little I always said I wanted to live right next door to my mom. And now we live about a half mile away from each other. Close enough for her to drop by with lemon bars, and close enough for me to drop off my boys when they are needing a B.G. fix (as in Beautiful Grandma). PERFECT!
I’m really impressed with this brownie recipe I used for the base of these. Is it okay to say that I like it because it tastes a lot like the boxed brownie mix I love so much? Not very foodie of me, but I’ve tried a few homemade from scratch brownie recipes that taste more like dense chocolate cake to me. This recipe definitely had that fudge factor that I love! I don’t have to convince you of that though because you can see that fudgy brownie layer staring right back at you.
I was a little worried that my brownies would spill out over the edges as they baked because I had added the cheesecake layer and the sides of the Entremet are not as tall as my usual 9 x 13 baking dish, but it all worked out fine. I loved using the Silpat Entremet for this recipe because I didn’t have to grease my pan at all, they baked really nice and evenly, and clean up was a breeze. There was hardly a crumb left on the baking pan when I un-molded the whole thing onto a cutting board to cut into neat squares. My kind of baking!
I don’t mind baking on my birthday, but that doesn’t mean I like doing dishes!Print
A thin layer of fudge brownies, followed by a layer of classic cheesecake and a brownie swirl. You will so love these people!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each) softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cocoa, baking powder, flour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and stir.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the brownie batter for swirling, and spread remaining batter evenly into Silpat Entremet set on an aluminum baking sheet.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, sugar, and egg on low speed until smooth. Add in flour and mix until combined.
- Spread cheesecake layer on top of brownie batter in an even layer.
- Drop tablespoon sized drops of reserved brownie batter on top of cheesecake layer and swirl gently with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-36 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and then refrigerate.
- Once the cheesecake brownies are completely chilled, you can carefully invert the mold and remove the brownies to a cutting board and cut into 15 squares. Keep refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 290mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
Keywords: cheesecake swirled fudge brownies, cheesecake brownies, cheesecake, brownies