I was first introduced to a Pizookie (pizza + cookie) in college. My roommate and I would head over to BJ’s late at night when we were craving warm chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. We’d each polish off one of these bad boys while we laughed our heads off. Good times!
These are so easy to make at home. My version of the famous BJ’s Pizookie is Salted Rolo Chip. The sea salt gives a nice edge to the sweetness of the cookie dough studded with miniature Rolo candies.
While the skillet cookie is still warm from the oven, you add a big scoop of ice cream…
Homemade hot fudge doesn’t hurt a bit…
A little more…
Actually, I take that back. You’re going to need two scoops of ice cream…
Now you can dig in. The ice cream starts to melt into the warm cookie in the best way…
Sweet, gooey, creamy, melty, chocolatey perfection. I guess after all these years, this is still my happy place!Print
Warm skillet Salted Rolo Chip Cookie plus vanilla ice cream and hot fudge equals sweet, gooey, chocolatey perfection!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup halved miniature Rolo candies
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl until just incorporated.
- Stir in Rolo’s candies.
- Press the dough into two 8-inch cast iron skillets.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to brown but the center is still soft.
- You can also use 4 six-inch skillets, but decrease the cooking time to 12-15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine heavy cream, corn syrup, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and half of the chocolate chips.
- Cook on medium heat, and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently boil for five minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, and add remaining chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth.
Fudge Topping from Center Cut Cook.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 1388
- Sugar: 150g
- Sodium: 1104mg
- Fat: 67g
- Saturated Fat: 42g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.6g
- Trans Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 194g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
Keywords: salted rolo chip pizookie, homemade hot fudge, pizookie