Here’s something you can make for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day. These Strawberry Glazed Ricotta Cookies are a strawberry lovers dream.
The cookie is sweet, soft, and buttery, and the glaze tastes like strawberry jam. It gets its vibrant red color and real strawberry flavor from finely crushed dried strawberries. I love this trick because sometimes when you try to add fresh fruits to frostings or glazes, the moisture makes them too wet, and they don’t set well. This glaze will set and be dry to the touch, but the real strawberry flavor comes through really well too.
I found a 1.2 ounce bag of dried strawberries (which would take about 12 ounces of fresh strawberries to make) at Trader Joe’s. I had seen them at my regular grocery store and they were about half the price at TJ’s.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (made from whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.2 ounce bag dried strawberries, processed to a fine powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk (or more as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, ricotta and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl gradually, mixing on low until a dough is formed. The dough will be sticky.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just browning. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the dried strawberry powder and powdered sugar. Whisk in the milk, adding more by the tablespoon until the desired consistency is reached. Spoon glaze over warm cookies.