Sweet, soft, buttery ricotta cookies with a vibrant strawberry glaze made with dried strawberries.
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (made from whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Glaze
- 1.2 ounce bag dried strawberries, processed to a fine powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk (or more as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, ricotta and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl gradually, mixing on low until a dough is formed. The dough will be sticky.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just browning. Transfer to a cooling rack.
For the Glaze
- In a small bowl, mix the dried strawberry powder and powdered sugar. Whisk in the milk, adding more by the tablespoon until the desired consistency is reached. Spoon glaze over warm cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: strawberry glazed ricotta cookies, ricotta cookies, strawberry glaze, cookies, Valentine's Day