Hello easy weeknight delicious dinner! Are you ready for this one? I’m putting chicken in your lasagna.
I love a traditional lasagna, but sometimes it’s nice to switch things up a bit and try something new. I think you are going to love it too my friends!
What’s so great about this recipe is that there are three shortcuts to help you get dinner on the table lickity split. First of all, you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli. Second, you don’t have to boil your lasagna noodles. One less big pot to wash right? Third, the creamy filling uses La Terra Fina Spinach Parmesan & Artichoke Spread, which means a lot of prep work is already done for you. No chopping required!
Have you tried this as a dip? It’s so amazingly good with pita chips and veggies! We also love the Chunky Artichoke and Jalapeño Dip, which we found at Costco. It has just the right amount of heat and I pretty much ate it for lunch every day this week.
This recipe comes together very quickly, layering the uncooked noodles, prepared spaghetti sauce, creamy spinach and artichoke filling, chicken and cheese. You just have to repeat the layers two more times, and then bake for 40 minutes covered, and then 20 minutes uncovered. The cheese on top gets all golden and bubbly, while everything underneath gets all melty and happy!
With the holidays coming up, I’m always on the lookout for fast recipes that are crowd pleasers as well as snacky foods to put out while everyone gathers. La Terra Fina’s got you covered! Their dips and spreads are perfect for this and you can even win prizes by participating in their Share and Win contest. Just share pictures on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest of how you like to enjoy La Terra Fina products with your family and friends and tag them with #LTFshare. Go check it out!Print
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Lasagna
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
A delicious twist on traditional lasagna with three shortcuts to make your life easier!
- 10 ounce tub La Terra Fina Spinach Parmesan & Artichoke Spread
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 25 ounce jar (3 cups) jarred spaghetti sauce or marinara
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie from the deli)
- 16 ounce block of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together La Terra Fina Spinach Parmesan & Artichoke Spread with the egg and milk until combined. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 by 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup water in the bottom of the pan. Lay out four lasagna noodles (uncooked) to cover the bottom of your pan. You will need to break off a little bit of one end of the noodle so that they fit in the pan.
- Spread one cup of your prepared spaghetti sauce evenly over the noodles.
- Spread out one third of your creamy filling over the spaghetti sauce.
- Add shredded chicken evenly over the top, and then sprinkle with one cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times, ending with 2 cups of cheese covering the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil, and bake for an additional 20 minutes so that the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it set for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: spinach and artichoke chicken lasagna, spinach and artichoke, chicken lasagna, lasagna
This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina. All words and opinions are my own.
Sam @ PancakeWarriors says
love spinach artichoke! This dip looks great. I never think of using it this way 🙂 Such an easy dinner and you are right about guest pleasing 🙂 thanks for sharing
You are very welcome Sam, and I hope you do get a chance to try it!
Allison - Celebrating Sweets says
Love, love, love this! Spinach artichoke dip is one of my favorite things ever. Yum!
Thanks Allison, me too!
Cyndi - My Kitchen Craze says
Chicken in lasagna sounds delicious!! I hope my Costco has this dip cause I wanna make this asap! Pinned!! PS Loving your blog! 🙂
Thanks so much Cyndi! You can use this link to see where to buy La Terra Fina products. Hope you enjoy! http://www.laterrafina.com/where-to-buy/
Christina @ Bake with Christina says
This lasagna looks stunning and so delicious! Pinned!
Thanks for pinning Christina. Hope you get the chance to try it!
Jess @ whatjessicabakednext says
It looks delicious, Julie! Love chicken lasagna, one of my favourites! Love the flavours that are all packed into this one dish, so good!
Thank you Jessica!
Valya @ Valya' s Taste of Home says
This lasagna looks so good. I make similar lasagna too, I have it posted on my blog. Your blog looks nice. I love your pictures. 🙂
Thank you, I’ll have to check it out!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Never added a dip to lasagna before.. definitely something I need to try Julie, this looks delicious!
Gwen Erickson says
I would like permission to share this recipe in the IDOS Dutch Oven News quarterly newsletter. I am writing an article about our last quarter of cooking, and one of our members used this recipe. We all enjoyed it immensely.
Sure thing, thanks Gwen!