How about some Sautéed Zoodles with Toasted Panko Crumbs? Working hard over here to eat less from the pantry and more from the garden. Because it’s just too hot to eat anything heavy! And when I say, garden, please don’t picture me with my own personal garden. I wish I had one, but honestly I’m struggling to keep the potted plants by my front door, whose tag at the nursery said – FULL SUN and DROUGHT TOLERANT – from becoming extinct. They look at me like they wish I’d just bring them inside, like a sad puppy.
So while I struggle with the intense heat here, I do LOVE all the fresh produce summer brings, even if it is just from the grocery store. Sweet corn cut off the cob, red ripe tomatoes, and zucchini are the stars in my latest obsession. Topped with creamy feta and toasted Panko (so GOOD), this dish offers the best of the best!
What I LOVE About Sautéed Zoodles With Toasted Panko Crumbs
- It’s super fast! Especially if you have one of these handy contraptions.
- It’s healthy, light, colorful and fresh.
- You can serve it as a side dish with something from the grill (how about flank steak?), or all on its own.
Just a little note on the breadcrumbs, Panko adds the best crunchy topping to this dish. But if you don’t serve right away, they will absorb moisture from the zucchini and soften a bit. Still delicious, but different texture wise. Feel free to swap out whatever veggies you have on hand. Make sure you don’t overcook the zucchini, or it will become soggy. Do check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. This is one of those dishes where the quality and seasonality of the ingredients is more important than the recipe itself. Happy summer!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Sweet corn cut off the cob, red ripe tomatoes, and zucchini are the stars in my latest obsession. Topped with creamy feta and toasted Panko, this dish offers the best of the best!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 medium sized zucchini, spiraled
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned Panko (coarse breadcrumbs)
- In a medium sized skillet, melt butter and oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and tomatoes, and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add zucchini and corn and cook 2-3 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is just beginning to soften. Remove from heat and add feta.
- In a separate skillet, heat an additional tablespoon of butter over medium high heat until melted. Add panko and stir to coat in butter. Cook until lightly toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle toasted panko over the zucchini and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 283mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: sautéed zoodles with toasted panko crumbs, zoodles, zucchini noodles, healthy