I’ve got a great recipe for Five Ingredient No Bake Energy Bars to share with you today! Can you believe another week has come and gone, and here we are – staring straight ahead into the Fourth of July Weekend? This month is flying by, and I’m trying to soak up every minute with my boys while they are out of school and I have them all to myself.
We just came home from the most amazing week in Idaho and Wyoming. We celebrated my in-law’s 40th wedding anniversary with the whole family at this gorgeous cabin, and explored, hiked, and took in as much as we could in the area!
The cabin was just so peaceful. I miss it already!
The beautiful landscape with lush, sweeping meadows was so polar opposite to what I’m used to in Arizona, so I woke up early each morning to try and catch the sun rising up over the Grand Tetons. What a gift!
Before I left, I made these Five Ingredient No Bake Energy Bars to take along on our trip, and they were so good I had to share them with you! These were so handy to have on hand as we packed lunches and snacks each day for our hiking and adventuring. I will definitely be making another batch (maybe double this time) to freeze and pull out whenever I need something healthy and easy to eat on the go.
All you need to make these is raisins, sliced almonds, ground flax, chia seeds, and coconut oil… sounds easy right? Raisins, I think you are a little under appreciated… You may look like a forgotten, tiny, shriveled up grape, but this is your chance to shine!
I give the ingredients a quick pulse in the food processor, and then pat the mixture into a pan lined with plastic wrap. Cover, chill, and then slice them into bars.
I wrapped each individual bar to make them easy to pack on my carry-on bag for the plane. So great to have healthy snacks tucked away when you are adventuring!
What I Love About Five Ingredient No Bake Energy Bars
- The ingredients are simple and healthy, but they taste delicious!
- They only take a few minute to make.
- You can make a big batch and freeze them for whenever you need them!
- They cost less to make than buying similar bars at the store.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil nonstick spray *helpful but optional
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until the mixture is paste like and uniform in texture, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Scoop the mixture into a standard size loaf pan lined with plastic wrap coated with nonstick baking spray (like coconut oil or olive oil spray), and press to flatten into an even layer. Cover and freeze until firm (1 hour).
- Use the plastic wrap to remove the chilled mixture from the pan, and cut into six bars. Wrap the individual bars with plastic wrap, and return to freezer for later use, or keep them in fridge. I like to eat them chilled or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg