Warm skillet Salted Rolo Chip Cookie plus vanilla ice cream and hot fudge equals sweet, gooey, chocolatey perfection!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup halved miniature Rolo candies
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl until just incorporated.
- Stir in Rolo’s candies.
- Press the dough into two 8-inch cast iron skillets.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to brown but the center is still soft.
- You can also use 4 six-inch skillets, but decrease the cooking time to 12-15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine heavy cream, corn syrup, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and half of the chocolate chips.
- Cook on medium heat, and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently boil for five minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, and add remaining chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth.
Fudge Topping from Center Cut Cook.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 1388
- Sugar: 150g
- Sodium: 1104mg
- Fat: 67g
- Saturated Fat: 42g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.6g
- Trans Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 194g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
Keywords: salted rolo chip pizookie, homemade hot fudge, pizookie