This giveaway is sponsored by Le Creuset.
One of the things I love about the weather turning colder (still waiting for that to happen here in Arizona) is the way life seems to slow down a bit. There’s seems to be an unspoken permission to take your time, be a little more intentional, and do all things for the sake of staying warm and cozy… Light a candle, wear your slippers, bake cookies.
How about making something on the stovetop that requires a little simmering. Enjoy the layering of flavors and the magic that happens when we don’t rush things. That’s what this Rustic Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Orzo is all about!
There’s nothing like a good Dutch oven to make all things cozy on the stovetop and in the oven! I love sharing my favorite things with you all, and I’m so excited to be partnering with Le Creuset to give away this beautifully crafted 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven.
It’s definitely my go-to for cooking soups, stews, chili’s, and anything I want to sear on the stovetop and then finish off in the oven. The enamel covered cast iron cooks evenly and retains heat so well. It also cleans up like a dream and I love how it looks so much I usually just let it hang out on the stovetop even when I’m not using it.
How to Enter the Le Creuset Giveaway
If you’d love to win a Le Creuset Dutch Oven, head on over to Instagram and enter the giveaway. I hope you win, and even if you don’t, Christmas is coming and you might want to add it to your wish list.
GIVEAWAY TIME! . Because I love sharing my favorite things with you, I've partnered with @lecreuset and we're giving away ONE – 5 1/2 quart round Dutch oven in Oyster (brand new color!) retail price: $330! . How to enter the giveaway: 1) Like this post 2) Follow @lecreuset 3) Follow me @lovelylittlekitchen 4) Tag 2 friends below . . Details: Giveaway ends on Sunday October 22nd at 12 midnight EST. Only open to residents within the United States. Winner will be announced here on Monday October 23rd! . . . #giveaway #huffposttaste #huffpostgram #comfortfood #pasta #pork #recipe #recipes #appetite #foodstyling #lecreuset #foodstagram #foodblogger #foods4thought #cookit #marthafood #instafood @thefeedfeed #feedfeed #eeeeeats #buzzfeedfood #beautifulcuisines #foodgasm #foodandwine #buzzfeast #foodwinewomen #thekitchn #f52grams #TODAYfood #foodpics
So let’s slow down and enjoy the change of pace this season. At least before our holiday to-do lists show up and tell us otherwise!Print
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed and patted dry
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 lemon, sliced
- additional fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven, melt butter and oil over medium high heat. Season both sides of the trimmed, dry chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, sear the chicken in two batches until both sides are nicely browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to a separate plate, and drain the excess oil from the pan, reserving about 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- Add chopped onions, sautéing until soft and translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Then add carrots, celery, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 2-3 more minutes and then add chicken broth, scraping the browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beans and orzo to the broth, and bring to a boil. Then add the chicken back to the Dutch oven, top with lemon slices, and reduce heat to low so that broth is gently simmering. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F) and orzo is tender. Taste the broth for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Place each chicken thigh in a shallow bowl, and ladle a portion of the beans, orzo, veggies and broth in each bowl. Garnish with rosemary and lemon slices if desired.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Le Creuset. I was also given a 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven for my own use.