These Pumpkin Butter Crumb Bars are my first pumpkin recipe of the season! You all are going to love them. They’ve got a soft buttery crust, a layer of pumpkin butter, and then more buttery crumbles on top. They are quick and easy to make, and they also freeze really well if you want to make them ahead of time and have them ready to go for the holidays.
I found a little 10 oz. jar of pumpkin butter at Trader Joe’s, but you could also make your own if you like. Here is a recipe for homemade pumpkin butter from The Minimalist Baker that would work well. You would use about 1 1/2 cups for this recipe, and then you can freeze the rest for later.
I love this buttery crumb recipe so much (and it tastes even better the day after), that I keep dreaming up all the ways I want to use it in other recipes. I think next up is an apple pie bar version! Stay tuned, friends. So happy it’s fall!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
For the Crust and Crumb
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 egg
For the Filling
- 10 ounces prepared pumpkin butter (I found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 by 8 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or two forks. When the butter is cut into small pea sized flour coated crumbs, add the egg and stir to bring the dough together. Use clean hands if needed. The dough will be crumbly.
- Divide the dough in half and press one half into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the pumpkin butter in an even layer over the dough, then crumble the remaining dough on top.
- Bake for 28 minutes or until the top is light golden brown. Cool completely and then cut into bars.
- Tastes great the first day, but even better the second when the crumb softens slightly.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 48mg