Are you guys ready for these Buttery Toffee White Macadamia Nut Cookies? Of course you are, and that’s what I love about you! By the way, funny thing about being a food blogger… you find yourself doing the oddest things now and then.
Like browsing the dish aisle at Target and feeling your heart go pitter patter at the thought of adding one more prop to your already very mismatched overgrown collection… Or making dinner at 1pm so that you’ll have time to take pictures before the boys get home from school… Or how about giving a proper name to a new favorite cookie recipe?
It’s harder than you think! The goal is to try and include all the many characteristics you love about the cookie without leaving anybody out. I want everyone to know the very essence of these cookies as soon as the name pops up on their screen, and I want everyone who searches for the perfect cookie recipe on google to find mine! As a result, sometimes the names end up a mile long.
Butter + Butter Flavoring + Toffee Chips + White Chocolate Chips + Macadamia Nuts + Cookie
(sadly left out chewy, salted, homemade, best ever, and bakery style)
See what I mean?
Final Result: Buttery Toffee White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Luckily, these cookies are so good they can carry the weight of their name and more!
One of my favorite things about these cookies is that sweet and salty balance. They also have that crisp edge and chewy center that every good cookie strives for. The toffee chips and butter flavoring make them extra rich and indulgent…
So happy fall is here and it’s finally time to fire up our ovens, put on our aprons and fill up those cookie jars! No matter what you call these, they are a winner for sure! Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (baking aisle)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium high speed. Add eggs one at a time and mix well in between until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and butter flavoring and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, toffee bits, and macadamia nuts.
- On low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix briefly, stopping to scrap down the sides and stir from the bottom as needed.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet, using about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie (12 per sheet). Dough will be sticky, but manageable. Sprinkle each dough ball with a little bit of Maldon sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are golden. If you like a doughier cookie, take them out when the very center is still slightly moist.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.