I love that spring time brings fresh asparagus to the produce section! No more sad looking, overpriced, out of season, little bunches waiting for someone to bring them home.
I wanted to share this recipe with you just in time for Easter because I think it would make a great addition to your table. I also love it because you can ready all the components ahead of time, and then assemble and roast just before serving. If you haven’t ever roasted asparagus before, it’s really good and really easy! There’s something about that high heat that really brings out the most delicious flavor.
Start by trimming the woody ends off (usually about 2 inches, depending on the thickness) and then spread them out on a baking sheet (parchment lined for easy cleanup).
Then a simple olive oil, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard dressing is mixed up and poured over the asparagus. Roast the dressed asparagus for about 5 minutes, and then add the shredded Gruyere and panko. Put it back onto the oven for a few more minutes just to melt the cheese and brown the breadcrumbs. And DONE!
It’s so simple and easy to do, but the result truly is holiday table worthy! Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
A simple but holiday worthy dish that can be made quickly and easily. Perfect for spring time!
- 2 bunches of fresh asparagus (1 1/2 – 2 lbs.)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Panko (coarse breadcrumbs)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Wash asparagus, pat dry, and trim woody ends, usually about 2 inches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Lay asparagus out on the parchment paper, and pour the dressing over the top, tossing the asparagus around to coat and then arranging into an even layer.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for about 5 minutes (this will depend on the thickness of your asparagus) and then top with Gruyere and breadcrumbs. Return to oven for 4-5 more minutes, watching closely for the breadcrumbs to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: roasted asparagus, panko, gruyere, Easter, easy