A simple but holiday worthy dish that can be made quickly and easily. Perfect for spring time!
- 2 bunches of fresh asparagus (1 1/2 – 2 lbs.)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Panko (coarse breadcrumbs)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Wash asparagus, pat dry, and trim woody ends, usually about 2 inches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Lay asparagus out on the parchment paper, and pour the dressing over the top, tossing the asparagus around to coat and then arranging into an even layer.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for about 5 minutes (this will depend on the thickness of your asparagus) and then top with Gruyere and breadcrumbs. Return to oven for 4-5 more minutes, watching closely for the breadcrumbs to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: roasted asparagus, panko, gruyere, Easter, easy