I’m so happy to be partnering with Sweet Baby Ray’s to bring you this quick and easy recipe for BBQ Chicken Fajitas. You can make it in 30 minutes or less all in one skillet and the whole family will love it!
One of my favorite kinds of recipes to share with all you lovely readers are the quick and easy one skillet dinner recipes. I know that while pretty little desserts are super fun to gawk at, these are the ones that we all really need. Because sometimes it feels little like this:
We love you but sometimes you can be a little high maintenance and we get a little bitter about it and want everyone to just get their own bowl of cereal. Please try to be cool and go easy on us and we will all get along just fine.
A meal that we can pull together quickly, gather our family around and feel good about serving is worth its weight in gold. Something that doesn’t make a whole sink FULL of dishes or require RARE ingredients that we have to hunt down is a plus too!
This recipe came to the rescue for me when we came back from our little trip to California to visit my family. Coming down off of a really fun spring break is HARD WORK people. There are suitcases to unpack, sleep deprived children to wrangle, sandy laundry to wash, and an empty fridge to fill. These are the kinds of days we need to have this BBQ Chicken Fajita recipe locked and loaded and ready to go! Surely we will thank ourselves later.
It starts out like most fajitas, with some caramelized onions, and some red and green bell peppers.
Bite sized pieces of chicken tenderloins are cooked with a few seasonings, and then here’s where TWIST happens…
Instead of traditional fajita flavor, we are adding in some Sweet Baby Ray’s – which happens to be my family’s ALL TIME favorite BBQ sauce. We used the Hickory and Brown Sugar for this recipe, and also added in some fresh pineapple. Such a nice sweet tang! The combination of the peppers, pineapple and BBQ sauce really works here.
Mix everything together and you’ve got an AMAZING BBQ Chicken Fajita filling that everyone is going to LOVE!
Make sure you get your flour tortillas nice and toasty and warm before you fill them and top them as you like!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- Tortillas for serving
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until they are soft and starting to caramelize. Add peppers, season with salt, and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Remove the pepper and onions from the pan into a separate bowl, and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan, then add chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder and chili powder. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and completely cooked through the center, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to medium low.
- Add pineapple, Sweet Baby Ray's, peppers, and onions back into the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is heated through. Add additional salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve on warm, toasted flour tortillas with fresh cilantro if desired.
This post is sponsored by Sweet Baby Ray’s.