I made this winner winner chicken dinner a few weeks ago on one of those crazy nights where I needed to have the boys at soccer practice at 4:30pm. I really love having everyone sit down together and try to make this a priority, but I never quite know what to do on those nights – either we eat way too early and no one is really hungry, or we come home starving and everyone whines while I frantically try to throw something together. First world problems, I know.
That particular night, I had my husband run the boys to soccer while I finished photographing the recipe, and then thought they would come home after practice and we could all eat together. But then he texts me and says, “Did you know that tonight is the tournament?” Uh no. Mom fail. Still not sure how I missed that one.
But it all worked out in the end, and in the end we all came home and devoured this chicken. I’m telling you, this Maple Dijon Glaze is awesome. My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures!
It has a really nice balance between sweet and heat, and the dijon mustard just gives it a nice tang while helping emulsify the glaze together. I’m not a huge mustard fan so I kept it pretty light, but you could add more if you wanted that flavor to be stronger.
I brushed this glaze on boneless skinless chicken thighs because that’s what I had on hand, but I think the glaze would also be awesome on chicken breasts, salmon, and pork as well. Hope you give it a try!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken is one of my favorite dinners ever – the perfect combination of sweet and tangy with just a little bit of heat.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cut chicken into one inch cubes and thread onto the skewers.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat, and cook chicken until cooked through in the center (165-175 degrees). It will take about 8 minutes per side.
- Divide the glaze into two bowls, and use one bowl to brush the glaze onto the chicken during the last few minutes on the grill.
- Serve the remaining glaze as a dip for the chicken.
Adapted from The Kitchn
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 648
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Sodium: 473mg
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 35.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 55g
- Cholesterol: 277mg
Keywords: maple dijon glazed chicken, maple dijon glaze, grilled chicken, healthy