Last week I shared a Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffin recipe, made with a white whole wheat flour that I just used for the first time. Since I loved how those turned out, I decided to try it in a cookie recipe, and once I again I was not disappointed. These Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies have a wonderful soft, chewy texture. They are a little bit of a healthier treat, made with the white whole wheat flour, oats, and coconut oil.
Sometimes I think, “Hey! Let dessert be dessert. We don’t have to go and make EVERYTHING healthy! Is nothing sacred?” But since the taste of these cookies was truly not compromised in any way, shape or form (and let’s not forget they ARE still full of sugar and chocolate), I’ll let this one slide.
I appreciate a cookie that has a slightly crisp edges and a soft center, and in order for this to happen they have to be somewhat thick. These cookies did not spread out too much in the oven, even though I didn’t take time to chill them. When the craving strikes, who really wants to wait on that chill?
So how about you whip up a batch of these bad (good) boys, pour yourself a cold glass of milk, and we’ll all just feel a little less guilty! Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These sweet treats are made with white whole wheat flour, oats, and coconut oil, but you’d never know their healthy secret!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together coconut oil, softened butter, and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla extract, mixing in between.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Gradually add to the wet ingredients on low speed until a dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix until incorporated into the dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place them on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 times 8-10 minutes, then cool on a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, cookies