Dinnertime can be such an adventure with our three little boys. They are pretty good sports about trying new things, but when I brought this one to the table, Little Boy #2 quickly declared,
“MOM, I do NOT like HOT FRUIT!”
Oh boy… “But seeeeeriously little man, that is the best part of this whole meal! Pinky promise!”
He puts on his mad/determined face. Nope. No way. He’s not going to eat it.
“Sorry bud, no treat then.”
“Okay, I’ll try one bite.”
He takes one bite, and the juice runs down his chin.
Then his eyes get big, and his face breaks into a huge smile.
THE END. (pinky promise you’ll love it too)
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, skin removed, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Marinate cut cubes of chicken in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Preheat the grill to about 300-325 degrees.
- Thread pineapple, green pepper, and chicken onto skewers.
- Place kekabs on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes per side (4 sides total).