It’s really hard to resist a beautiful basket of berries when I’m grocery shopping. I imagine myself in the dead of winter with no decent berries to be found, and just like that, the basket of berries spontaneously jump into my cart as I wheel by. Doesn’t matter if I already have a fridge full of berries already…
So with a fridge full of more blueberries, blackberries and raspberries than a family of five should consume, I decided to make this Triple Berry Skillet Crisp. I’m definitely a fan of apple crisps and peach crisps but this version was new for me. I love, love, loved it! So I shared it with my family, and then made another one the next day. Remember that endless supply of berries in the fridge?
How do you like your fruit crisps? This one is heavy on the crisp for sure. I’m like a little fruit with my buttery, slightly nutty oat topping, rather than the other way around. I don’t usually add almonds to my crisp topping, but this time I ground them finely in my blender, and it added the most wonderful depth to the oats, butter, and brown sugar. I won’t be leaving that step out from now on for sure! Using three kinds of berries is lovely too. The sweetness of the blueberries and raspberries balances out the tang of the blackberries nicely.
This triple berry crisp is one easy recipe. Waaaaay easier than a pie. Fool-proof as they come. I baked it in my 8 inch cast iron skillet, and it is the perfect dessert for four. It’s rustic and comforting, and actually pretty healthy for a dessert with the fruit and oats as the main ingredients.
Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This Triple Berry Skillet Crisp is so good, I made it two days in a row!
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine berries, sugar, cornstarch, and orange juice and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds, and salt. Use pastry cutter or two forks to cut in cold butter cubes until you have some pea sized clumps. You can use clean hands to do this as well.
- Pour the berry mixture into your 8 inch skillet and then top with the oat mixture, spreading it evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 42-45 minutes. I like to allow it to cool completely before serving, but it also tastes great served warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 252mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
Keywords: triple berry skillet crisp, berry crisp, dessert crisp, skillet dessert