I’m so happy to share this recipe with you because it really is one of my family’s very favorite summertime desserts. This particular recipe for Fresh Strawberry Pie (mainly the glaze portion) is from my mom’s mom, who we call GG. I have lots of great memories of eating strawberries dipped in sugar when we would go visit her in the summertime in Southern California, where you could buy little green crates of just picked strawberries straight from the fields.
I don’t share a lot of JELL-O recipes on LLK because I try to stick with more “from scratch” ideas, but this is one exception worth making. I think one of the reasons we love this recipe so much is because it’s so easy to make. If you use a frozen pie crust like this one, you can have this ready to chill in about 30 minutes.
You can also use the same glaze recipe but switch out the some of the strawberries for other berries, like blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
You could also use peach flavored JELL-O with fresh peaches, and so on. What kind of fresh fruit pies do you enjoy?
What I Love About Fresh Strawberry Pie
- It is quick and easy!
- It can be made ahead of time so there’s no rushing around last minute.
- You can use your favorite homemade pie crust, or pick up a frozen pre-made crust and bake it at home.
- Everyone LOVES it!
I also need to let you know that it is perfectly acceptable to eat leftover pie for breakfast. Just ask my mother!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This recipe is LOVED by everyone, and is quick and easy to make!
- 1 pie shell, baked according to directions (this is my favorite one)
- 1 small box (3 oz.) strawberry JELL-O
- 1 small box (3 oz.) vanilla pudding (Cook and Serve)
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, halved and stems removed
- Pour JELL-O and pudding mix into a small saucepan. Add water and turn heat to medium. Stir together until dissolved, and the mixture starts to thicken. Allow it to a boil for one minute, and then remove from heat. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place prepared strawberries in a large bowl, and pour the glaze over them. Stir to coat the strawberries, and then carefully spoon the strawberries into the baked pie shell. Slowly pour glaze remaining in the bowl over the top of the strawberries. Be careful not to overflow the pie shell, and you may not use all the leftover glaze.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Slice and top with whipped cream if desired!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 248mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.4mg
Keywords: fresh strawberry pie, strawberry pie, jello, strawberries, pie, easy