Are you ready for something really fresh and full of flavor? This Chicken Caesar Pizza With Oven Roasted Tomatoes is healthy and light, but really packs a punch when it comes to taste. It starts with a homemade thin crust, and a layer of caesar dressing, then fresh chopped baby greens, grilled chicken, Parmesan cheese shavings, and oven roasted tomatoes to top it all off.
If you’ve never roasted your own tomatoes before, it is easy to do. Just cut them in half, toss them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and then spread them out of a baking sheet. Roast them at a high temperature for 15 minutes and they will bubble and burst. The flavor intensifies and the natural sugars are caramelized.
I found this Opa Greek Yogurt Caesar dressing that worked out really well for this pizza. Try to use a good quality dressing, like the ones that are sold refrigerated in the produce section. You could also make your own, but I wanted to keep it simple (and I’m a little freaked out by anchovies).
When I make my pizza dough, I often make one salad pizza for my husband and I, and then use the other half of the pizza dough to make a thin crust plain cheese pizza for the boys. The recipe below is written with the ingredients to make two 12 inch round Chicken Caesar Salad Pizzas (dough and toppings), so adjust accordingly if you only want to make one.Print
Chicken Caesar Pizza With Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
This Chicken Caesar Pizza With Oven Roasted Tomatoes is healthy and light, but really packs a punch when it comes to taste.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 6 cups chopped baby greens
- 1/2 cup prepared Caesar dressing
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes onto a Silpat lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or until they are bubbly and caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour the packet of dry active yeast into the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment along with 1 cup of warm water. Allow the yeast to proof for a few minutes.
- Add sugar, oil, and salt. Turn mixer onto low speed.
- Gradually add the flour one cup at a time with the mixer on low. Turn the mixer to medium speed to incorporate the flour when you are not adding it in, then back to low speed when it is time to add flour again.
- The dough is ready when it pulls away from the sides of the bowl, and is slightly sticky to the touch but manageable. I usually add close to 3 cups of flour.
- On two baking stones spread a thin layer of cornmeal. If you are using a metal baking sheet, spray with nonstick cooking spray before spreading the cornmeal.
- Divide the dough into two balls, and stretch them to form a disk. Place them on each of the baking stones, and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Continue to press and stretch the dough to the edges of the stones, until you have two 12 inch circles of dough. If the dough wants to tear as you spread it, just let it rest a few more minutes and then try again.
- Bake the pizza dough at 450 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden.
- Remove the pizza crusts from the oven, and allow to cool. I like to transfer the crust to a cooling rack for a few minutes so that the bottom stays crisp.
Assembling the Pizza
- When the pizza crusts have cooled, spread 1/4 cup of the Caesar dressing onto the crust. Top with chopped baby greens, parmesan cheese shavings, grilled chicken slices, and oven roasted tomatoes. Cut and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 838
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 1213mg
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 25.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 92g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
Keywords: chicken caesar pizza, oven roasted tomatoes, homemade pizza, pizza dough, pizza
I just found your lovely little blog via Pinterest, and am so glad I did!
Hi Sarah, glad you found me too! Thanks for stopping by!
Alyssa @ My Sequined Life says
Those oven-roasted tomatoes look incredible! I love the idea of switching up toppings on homemade pizza, and this chicken caesar one sounds delicious!
Thank you Alyssa!
Alison Haight says
I can’t wait to make the thin crust dough recipe! Definitely pinning this! Keep the great recipes coming!! 🙂
Thanks so much for the encouragement Alison! Hope you guys enjoy the pizza!
Di girolamo says
En français merci