Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 6 cups chopped baby greens
- 1/2 cup prepared Caesar dressing
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes onto a Silpat lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or until they are bubbly and caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour the packet of dry active yeast into the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment along with 1 cup of warm water. Allow the yeast to proof for a few minutes.
- Add sugar, oil, and salt. Turn mixer onto low speed.
- Gradually add the flour one cup at a time with the mixer on low. Turn the mixer to medium speed to incorporate the flour when you are not adding it in, then back to low speed when it is time to add flour again.
- The dough is ready when it pulls away from the sides of the bowl, and is slightly sticky to the touch but manageable. I usually add close to 3 cups of flour.
- On two baking stones spread a thin layer of cornmeal. If you are using a metal baking sheet, spray with nonstick cooking spray before spreading the cornmeal.
- Divide the dough into two balls, and stretch them to form a disk. Place them on each of the baking stones, and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Continue to press and stretch the dough to the edges of the stones, until you have two 12 inch circles of dough. If the dough wants to tear as you spread it, just let it rest a few more minutes and then try again.
- Bake the pizza dough at 450 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden.
- Remove the pizza crusts from the oven, and allow to cool. I like to transfer the crust to a cooling rack for a few minutes so that the bottom stays crisp.
Assembling the Pizza
- When the pizza crusts have cooled, spread 1/4 cup of the Caesar dressing onto the crust. Top with chopped baby greens, parmesan cheese shavings, grilled chicken slices, and oven roasted tomatoes. Cut and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 838
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 1213mg
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 25.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 92g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 113mg