Does anyone remember those cinnamon crispas that you used to be able to order at Taco Bell? Oh man those were good. Sadly, they were yanked off the menu and sent to Taco Bell heaven in the late 80’s. I’m sorry to say they were replaced by the cinnamon twists which are not that great.
But the good news is you can make them at home! These are not fried like the original ones, but are baked in butter so they have a similar texture without having to mess with a pot of oil. We LOVED dipping these Baked Cinnamon Crisps in my Creamy Strawberry Dip, which is super easy to make with just yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla and diced strawberries. Now that strawberries are in season, I want to add them to everything little thing. So prepare yourself, lots of strawberry recipes coming your way!
This is the kind of thing you make and everyone gathers around the plate dipping and chomping, dipping and chopping, till that last chip is gone! Little Boy #3 is snuggled up to me on the couch right now saying, “Wait Mom!!! Remember those? Make those kind of chips again!” Safe to say they were a HIT! Hope you get the chance to try them too.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 3 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced strawberries, stems and hull removed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay tortillas out on a baking sheet. Brush the top with melted butter. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar. Flip the tortillas over and repeat on the other side, using the remaining butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Using a pizza slicer, cut each tortilla into 8 triangles. Arrange in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, and then allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Stir in diced strawberries, reserving about 1/4 cup to garnish the dip.