Spring is just around the corner and I’ve got the perfect salad recipe to celebrate! Today I’m partnering with Shamrock Farms to share this recipe for a Very Berry Fluffy Salad with you.
Raise your hand if you grew up with some sort of fruity, creamy, fluffy salad like this one? Whenever my family gets together, we always love having something like this Very Berry Fluffy Salad on the table. Usually these types of recipes call themselves salads, but would be a little more at home on the dessert table if you know what I mean?
I’ve made a few changes to make this one a little less like dessert with lots of fruit, Sharmock Farms cottage cheese, and no refined sugar or artificial colorings.
Shamrock Farms is a local, real, working dairy farm whose products are crafted using a hands-on approach that has been refined for three generations. I love that their cottage cheese begins with pure, wholesome, nutritious milk with no added growth hormones. Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese is a healthy, protein-packed dairy option that has 13 grams of protein per serving! It’s also high in bone-building calcium, and low in carbohydrates.
Let me show you how easy it is to put this pretty pink salad together.
Instead of using a box of flavored gelatin, this salad is flavored with real fruit and its pretty pink color comes from freeze dried strawberries pulsed in the food processor. First, the cottage cheese, crushed pineapple, and honey are mixed together. Then plain gelatin and pineapple juice are warmed up and added. Finally, fresh whipped cream and frozen raspberries are folded in. The result is a delicious, not-too-sweet, creamy, fluffy, pink salad that is actually belongs on the dinner table.
While the salad is setting up in the fridge for an hour or two, the raspberries have the chance to thaw.
This recipe serves 8-10 people and would be so perfect for a spring brunch on the weekends or even on an Easter dinner buffet. It looks so pretty garnished with a few fresh berries if you can find them, and a couple sprigs of mint.
This salad also makes a great snack or breakfast on-the-go. You could easily spoon it into jars to have on hand for busy mornings. It keeps well in the fridge for a few days. My kids always love individual portions that are ready for them to eat!Print
This Very Berry Fluffy Salad is naturally sweetened with honey and real fruit. It’s pretty and pink without any artificial colors or flavors, and the perfect addition to a spring weekend brunch or Easter dinner buffet.
- 24 ounces Shamrock Farms Original Cottage Cheese (4% milkfat)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder (2 pouches)
- 1 ounce package freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- Strain crushed pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Add the crushed pineapple, honey, and cottage cheese to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine unflavored gelatin powder and reserved 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. Bring to a boil in the microwave (about 45 seconds). Watch closely so it doesn’t boil over. Stir to dissolve, and then add to the cottage cheese and pineapple mixture, stirring together. Set aside.
- Pulse the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor to a fine powder. Add the strawberry powder to the cottage cheese mixture and stir well. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream and vanilla extract to stiff peaks (about 2-3 minutes) with a hand mixer or whisk attachment of a stand mixer. Fold the whipped cream into the cottage cheese mixture gently until well combined. Stir in frozen raspberries and pour into a serving dish. Refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
This post is sponsored by Shamrock Farms.