I’m sharing this recipe for Strawberry Mango Cinnamon Toast today in partnership with the National Mango Board, whose goal is to help bring the world’s love of mangos to the U.S.
Remember how I told you all I get to work with the National Mango Board this year? I’ve been having so much fun getting to know this sweet, juicy, easy to love fruit!
It’s such a versatile little guy. Last month, I featured the mango in a savory chicken and rice dinner, and this month I’m showing you a quick and easy way to enjoy mangos for breakfast with these Strawberry Mango Cinnamon Toasts!
Start with thick slices of French bread, and butter them on one side. Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon sugar on top and put them under the broiler for a few minutes until they are bubbling and nicely browned on top.
Then spread on some whipped cream cheese followed by thinly sliced mango! I like the whipped cream cheese because it’s easy to spread and mild in flavor. You will LOVE the combination of the cinnamon and mango. The sweet and spicy notes are so delicious together!
For the finishing touch, sprinkle toasted coconut and chia seeds over the top for a nutritious crunch.
These would be so beautiful as a part of a weekend brunch spread, but I love them because they are easy enough to make on a weekday morning or even as an afternoon snack. You could even set out all kinds of toppings and flavored cream cheeses and let everyone make their own creation.
When you are shopping for mangos, don’t forget that there is always at least one variety that is in season (there are six different varieties sold in the US). Right now, you’ll find Kent mangos in season and available, which are dark green with a dark red blush over part of the mango. Pick up a mango and give it a gentle squeeze. You’ll know it’s ripe and ready to eat when there’s a slight give.
I used to feel unsure about how to cut mangos as well. It’s really easy once you get the method down! Go check out these tips from The National Mango Board and see how it’s done.
I hope you get the chance to try these Strawberry Mango Cinnamon Toasts. What is your favorite way to cook with mango? Leave me a note below and we’ll chat!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
You’ll love these thick slices of cinnamon toast topped with whipped cream cheese, mango and strawberry slices, toasted coconut, and chia seeds.
- 4 thick slices of French bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 mango, thinly sliced and removed from peel
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
For Toasting the coconut
- Spread coconut out in an even layer in a dry pan. Turn heat to medium high and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until coconut is golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
To Make the Cinnamon Toast
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together. Spread butter onto one side of the French bread slices and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar evenly over the buttered bread. Place the bread under the broiler, watching closely, for about 2 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and crisp.
- Spread a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese on each piece of toast and top with mango and strawberry slices. Sprinkle toasted coconut and chia seeds on top.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 640mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: strawberry mango cinnamon toast, strawberries, mangos, cinnamon toast, snack
This post is sponsored by the National Mango Board.