This Very Berry Fluffy Salad is naturally sweetened with honey and real fruit. It’s pretty and pink without any artificial colors or flavors, and the perfect addition to a spring weekend brunch or Easter dinner buffet.
- 24 ounces Shamrock Farms Original Cottage Cheese (4% milkfat)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder (2 pouches)
- 1 ounce package freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- Strain crushed pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Add the crushed pineapple, honey, and cottage cheese to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine unflavored gelatin powder and reserved 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. Bring to a boil in the microwave (about 45 seconds). Watch closely so it doesn’t boil over. Stir to dissolve, and then add to the cottage cheese and pineapple mixture, stirring together. Set aside.
- Pulse the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor to a fine powder. Add the strawberry powder to the cottage cheese mixture and stir well. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream and vanilla extract to stiff peaks (about 2-3 minutes) with a hand mixer or whisk attachment of a stand mixer. Fold the whipped cream into the cottage cheese mixture gently until well combined. Stir in frozen raspberries and pour into a serving dish. Refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Keywords: very berry fluffy salad, cottage cheese, raspberries, pineapple, side dish, Easter side