I’ve had a craving for ALL THINGS BLUEBERRY lately that I couldn’t ignore, so I made these Vanilla Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins and they really hit the spot! They are sweet and tender, and full of burst blueberry goodness! Maybe let’s just be honest and call them naked blueberry cupcakes.
I love how colorful the blueberry (purpleberry?) is when you open up the muffins. Just gorgeous! And if you look closely you can see little flecks of real vanilla. The buttermilk makes the crumb so tender and creamy. I also added some sparkling sugar on top for a nice sweet delicate crunch.
I was surprised how fast I could whip these up. My house smelled amazing, and it was so good to sit down with a cup of coffee and a sweet blueberry muffin fresh from the oven. What a treat!
Better make these soon before all the good blueberries are gone for the season. We all know it won’t be long before pumpkin spice takes over the world!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These sweet Vanilla Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins are so tender and creamy. You will LOVE them!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil (I used coconut oil in liquid form)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup blueberries, plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Sparkling sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with liners, then spray the liners with a bit of nonstick spray to ensure the muffins don’t stick.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream oil and sugar together. Then add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture slowly into the mixing bowl, and mix together until just incorporated. Fold the blueberries in gently by hand.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the 12 muffin wells. I like to use a spring loaded ice cream scoop to ensure that the muffins are all the same size and bake evenly. Each well should be about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle sparkling sugar over the top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes. The edges of the muffins should just be the slightest bit golden, and the top of the muffins should spring back when pressed.
- Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and cool on a cooling rack.
- Bake at 350 for 20-23 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: vanilla blueberry buttermilk muffins, vanilla, blueberry, buttermilk, muffins, bread, dessert, snack