- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil (I used coconut oil in liquid form)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup blueberries, plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Sparkling sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with liners, then spray the liners with a bit of nonstick spray to ensure the muffins don’t stick.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream oil and sugar together. Then add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture slowly into the mixing bowl, and mix together until just incorporated. Fold the blueberries in gently by hand.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the 12 muffin wells. I like to use a spring loaded ice cream scoop to ensure that the muffins are all the same size and bake evenly. Each well should be about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle sparkling sugar over the top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes. The edges of the muffins should just be the slightest bit golden, and the top of the muffins should spring back when pressed.
- Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and cool on a cooling rack.
- Bake at 350 for 20-23 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 16mg