This little fruit and chia yogurt parfait has won my heart over big time. I’m waaaaay late to the chia seed party but I’m okay with that. I like to see what foodie trends last longer than two minutes and then hop on the bandwagon, know what I’m saying?
When I first saw chia seeds in recipes, I thought, “Are those the same little seeds that used to be on those cha-cha-cha cheesy commercials when I was a kid?” Indeed they are. I’m so glad they are really making a name for themselves instead of just being used to grow ridiculous looking grass haired pets. Actually wow, you can still buy them. My boys would probably get a kick out of them!
So if you are new to chia seeds like me, I’ll fill you in. You can add them to yogurt and they will absorb some of the liquid becoming soft and tasteless. Reminds me a bit of a tapioca pudding. They are a great way to amp up your fiber intake as well as omega-3’s.
Toasted coconut is super addicting for me! I love toasting up a big batch in the oven to have on hand to use as a topping. It adds the sweetest most delicate crunch to this recipe, so if you love coconut take a few minutes to make some!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 1 cup coconut flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Stir milk and chia seeds into yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to assemble, layer strawberries, half the yogurt, oranges, and the other half of the yogurt. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the chia pets are Amazon affiliate links.