Half watching the movie Dolphin Tale with the boys and half writing this post at the moment. Cory is away for a little guy retreat, and I’ve got three little boys to myself. I told them if they finished picking up the house, did their weekend jobs, and took showers before the timer beeped, we could pick out a movie on Apple TV. Because heaven forbid the timer beep! So here we are, and I’m glad that timer trick still gets us moving around here!
The boys are taking turns sleeping in my bed so I won’t be lonely. Which actually translates to sleeping with little boy arms and legs spontaneously whacking me in the face throughout the night. But at least I’m not lonely!
Before I get back to my movie (please tell me this dolphin’s gonna be okay!), let me tell you about this Supreme Pizza Pasta. File this one under quick and easy, and anything goes. Whatever you like to pile on your pizza, feel free to add it to the mix. We did onions, peppers, black olives, sausage and pepperoni.
And don’t forget the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1 pound rotini pasta, cooked according to directions
- 3 links sweet italian sausage (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 14 ounce jar pizza sauce (I like Classico)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- While your pasta is boiling, slice the sausage into small circles and brown them on medium high heat in a large pan.
- When sausage is browned, add onions and green peppers. Sauté until they soften slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Drain excess oil from the pan if needed.
- Add the olives and pepperoni, and cook until warmed through, and sausage is completely cooked.
- Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan, scrapping the browned bits of sausage from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the pizza sauce, and bring to a simmer, then turn the heat to low.
- When the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the sauce, and stir to coat. Top with parmesan cheese.