These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are perfect for a lazy girl like me who just really wants a cookie, and doesn’t feel like spending a whole lot of time or effort to make them happen. The dough comes together in five minutes, and then you just bake, cool, cut and eat! Oh, and not to rain on your cookie parade, but I guess you will probably have to clean up the kitchen somewhere in there… Unless you’ve got one of those, “I bake, you clean” kinds of understanding with your significant other? Those are the best…
These cookie bars stay impressively soft and chewy for 3-4 days (maybe longer, we ate ours by then). Making cookies in bar form not only cuts down on time because you don’t have to scoop individual cookies, but it makes them quite efficient for dunking into a cold glass of milk. Bonus!
Plus you get the benefit of having “edge” pieces and “middle” pieces for those who have a personal preference. I’m an edge girl myself, though I definitely would NOT consider myself an “edgy” girl, which has a completely different connotation. Any who, it’s getting late, and I think you have some cookie bars to make so I’ll say goodbye for now!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, and then lining with parchment paper, leaving excess paper hanging over two sides of the baking pan (for easy removal later).
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the eggs and mix. Then add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients on low speed, mixing until a dough forms. Mix in the chocolate chips, and then scoop the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes. The edges should be starting to turn light brown.
- Let the bars cool in the pan, and then use the parchment paper to lift the cookie out of the pan to transfer to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 185mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 34mg