This is a light summery pasta that is perfect for those nights when you just don’t want to turn on the oven, because if your house is even one degree warmer, you might just wither up right there on the kitchen floor. The creamy pesto sauce is very light, so if you like your pasta with plenty of sauce, just add more pesto and cream cheese in equal parts. I’ve been eating too many brown butter sugar cookies, so I held back.Print
- 3 grilled chicken breasts cut into cubes (I marinated mine in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
- 1 lb. box rotini pasta
- 3 TB pesto
- 3 TB softened cream cheese
- 2 TB finely chopped sun-dried tomato (I used my mini food processor)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach torn into bite sized pieces
- Boil pasta according to the directions on the box, being sure to salt the water first.
- In a small bowl, stir pesto into softened cream cheese until well mixed.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Pour the creamy pesto sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. If necessary, add the pasta water until the sauce is a nice consistency and coats the pasta well.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and grilled chicken.
- Stir in the spinach, and top with parmesan cheese if desired.