This is one of my husband Cory’s favorites… It’s a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken. This pizza crust recipe is my favorite because I always have all the ingredients on hand and I can make it in under five minutes. It’s not too thin, and not too thick. Enjoy!Print
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 2 1/2 c. flour
BBQ Chicken Pizza toppings:
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup (or more) BBQ sauce – I use Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 1/2 of a red onion chopped
- 4 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese (part skim)
- Parsley or Cilantro for garnish
- Place pizza dough ingredients into the mixer with the dough hook attachment. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Continue to knead until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball around the hook. Add more flour if needed.
- Press and stretch dough to fit a greased or silpat lined 13 X 18 inch baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (optional).
- Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes before topping with BBQ sauce, chicken, cheese, and red onion.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden around the edges.
- Garnish with parsley or fresh cilantro.
- I like to let the pizza cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Source: Pizza dough recipe from 71 Toes.
Keywords: bbq chicken pizza, bbq chicken, pizza dough, pizza