There’s certainly nothing I don’t love about old-fashioned Rice Krispie treats, but these S’more Bars are a really fun way to change things up! With gooey marshmallows, Oreo crumbles, Nutella, salty pretzels, and graham cereal added in, the classic treat becomes a whole new thing. And I’m here for it!
My friend dropped a sample of these delicious treats off a while back, and I haven’t stopped thinking about them since. She found them at a local ice cream shop, and made her own version at home, and shared them with our faithful morning walking group. They are so good! I’m not even a big fan of actual s’mores, but there’s something about this combination that is hard to resist.
They start out with melted butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Melt everything together until it’s smooth. Then stir in some chocolate hazelnut spread. Then we throw in all our add-ins… crushed pretzels, Oreo’s, Golden Grahams, and of course, Rice Krispies. I also reserved some of the mini marshmallows so that there are little pockets of gooey goodness throughout the bars. You could do any amount of these add-ins, just make sure they equal about six cups total.
Mix everything together, and press them into a pan. Go ahead and give them a little sprinkle of sea salt over the top. All those flavors really come together! Let them cool completely and then cut into bars. You’ll LOVE these, and so will everyone you share them with!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
A little bit of everything goes into these chocolatey S’more Bars. You’ll love this mash-up of s’mores and classic Rice Krispie treats!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows (reserve 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, crushed
- 1 cup Oreo’s, crushed
- 1 cup Golden Grahams cereal
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch pan by spraying with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper, and spray if preferred.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add marshmallows (reserving 1 cup) and stir into butter until dissolved.
- Add chocolate hazelnut spread to melted marshmallows and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat.
- Add pretzel sticks, Oreos, Golden Grahams, Rice Krispies, and reserved marshmallows and stir to coat evenly with chocolate marshmallow mixture. I added a bit more of each add-in to the top, just so the ingredients could be seen in my photos.
- Press into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Allow to cool completely, and then cut into squares.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 326mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 14mg