With the warmer days of summer, nothing tastes better than a cool, crisp, refreshing salad. I’ve been telling myself that as much as I love my Easy Strawberry Balsamic Salad, it was time to branch out a bit and make something new. I’ve always loved a good Chinese Chicken Salad, and this Shrimp Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing is definitely inspired by it.
That Spicy Peanut Dressing is everything, and I love the addition of snow peas, peanuts, mandarin oranges, and crispy wonton strips.
You could definitely substitute cubed or shredded chicken for the shrimp, but it was nice to mix it up a bit and go for the shrimp! I like that I can just give it a quick sauté on the stovetop, and don’t have to worry about heating up the whole kitchen.
I used a crunchy romaine and butter lettuce mix, but you could use baby greens or spinach too.
What I love most about eating salads in the summertime is that I always have room for ice cream later on. Summer living at its best!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 10-12 extra-large shrimp, deveined
- 4-5 cups romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- 1-2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched*
- 1 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- Garnish with black sesame seeds if desired.
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chosen Foods Spicy Sesame Oil (or plain sesame oil plus 1/4 teaspoon hot chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high heat. Season the shrimp with paprika, salt and pepper, and then saute 1-2 minutes per side until just cooked through or when they are opaque with a pearly pink color. Remove them from the pan and allow to cool while you assemble the salad.
- Arrange the lettuce onto a large platter or bowl. Top with green onions, snow peas, mandarin oranges, salted peanuts, wonton strips, and shrimp. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired and dress to taste just before serving.
- Place all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until combined.