For the Salad
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 10–12 extra-large shrimp, deveined
- 4–5 cups romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- 1–2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched*
- 1 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- Garnish with black sesame seeds if desired.
For the Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chosen Foods Spicy Sesame Oil (or plain sesame oil plus 1/4 teaspoon hot chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
For the Salad
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high heat. Season the shrimp with paprika, salt and pepper, and then saute 1-2 minutes per side until just cooked through or when they are opaque with a pearly pink color. Remove them from the pan and allow to cool while you assemble the salad.
- Arrange the lettuce onto a large platter or bowl. Top with green onions, snow peas, mandarin oranges, salted peanuts, wonton strips, and shrimp. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired and dress to taste just before serving.
For the Dressing
- Place all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until combined.
*To blanch the snow peas place them in boiling water for 1 minute, and then immediately remove them and place them in a bowl of ice water. This makes them just crisp tender, and sets their bright green color.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 452mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 28.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 37mg