We just returned from a little weekend getaway. A cozy family cabin tucked away from all the demands of weekday life. No homework to help with, no laundry to fold, and we all take turns cooking for each other. It’s pretty sweet!
Now getting there is a bit of a struggle. I always feel like I need to tie up all the loose ends here at home so that I can really relax and unwind once I’m there. And I always forget something… this time it was my camera. Oh well.
And the road to get there is a bit windy and some people get carsick and politely ask their husbands to drive a little more smoothly and is this a race or something?
And even though we have iPads with Angry Birds and Where’s My Water to keep the boys entertained, Little Boy #2 keeps asking how much longer til we get there? which is not atypical for him.
But this time I had a brilliant, but sneaky idea come over me.
I pretended to be asleep and he stopped asking.
And then I really did fall asleep.
And I woke up when we pulled up to the cabin. Like I said, it’s pretty sweet!
These Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Cups were inspired by those Peanut Butter Cup cookies that the Pioneer Woman made on her cooking show recently. Instead of peanut butter dough, I used an oatmeal cookie dough without any cinnamon or spices. The caramel from the Rolo is so good with the buttery oatmeal cookie. These come together quickly and make 24 cookie cups, which is exactly what my mini-muffin pan makes so you only have to bake one batch in the oven. You could easily double this– and have enough Rolos in one 12 ounce bag.Print
Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Cups
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Cute little oatmeal cookie cups surrounding a Rolo chocolate caramel candy.
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 Rolo chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add egg, and mix. Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter, sugar and eggs and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough into each section of a well greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, unwrap Rolos.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Rolo (upside down) into the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing cookies from the pan.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Cup
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: rolo oatmeal cookie cups, oatmeal cookie cups, rolo candy, cookies
Leave a Reply