I love roasting potatoes. That crispy golden brown action that takes place when you cook potatoes at a high heat with some butter just makes my day. These potatoes are tiny Yukon Golds. They have a thin skin that you don’t have to peel, and a naturally buttery yellow flesh. They are firm enough to hold up to high heat when roasted.
To make these roasted potatoes, I first boiled them in water for 10 minutes.
Then I waited until they were cool enough to handle, and sliced them almost all the way through leaving the skin intact on one side.
Then I gently pressed them flat so they would fan out and topped them with butter, parsley and Parmesan cheese. And by Parmesan cheese, I mean the cheap powdery kind. Real fancy, right?
Into a 400 degree oven they go for 20-30 minutes until they are nice and crisp on the outside, but tender inside.
A little twist on your average potato, and they only need a few ingredients you probably have on hand anyway. This is the kind of potato that can hold it’s own next to a nice, juicy steak.
Simple and rustic.
- 1 1/2 pounds petite Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted plus more for greasing the baking sheet
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pan with cold water and bring to boil. Continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and allow them to cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice potatoes almost all the way through, but leave them intact on one side.
- Place the potatoes on a well greased baking sheet or baking stone and gently press them down so they fan out.
- Drizzle a little bit of melted butter over the top of each potato (or use a pastry brush) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. Season with salt and pepper and desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 36mg