Of all the fancier food choices in the world, sometimes a girl just wants her meat and potatoes. Or a nice, juicy steak cooked to perfection alongside creamy, crunchy, buttery roasted red potatoes, and baby mixed greens tossed in olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. Same difference right?
The great thing about these roasted red potatoes is that they go well with so many main dishes, and they are hard to mess up. I’ve made these when my husband came home from work later than I expected, and I just turned the oven off and left the potatoes in there while we waited for him. I think they tasted even better than usual that night, maybe just because we were all so hungry! It’s really more of a method than a recipe, and everyone loves them! Feel free to experiment with your favorite herbs.
I like to use my stoneware baking dish because it encourages the outside of the potatoes to crisp, so if you have one be sure to use it. If you don’t have one, maybe add it to your Christmas wish list.Print
Crispy and buttery on the outside, and creamy on the inside, these roasted red potatoes are great as a side for holiday dinners.
- 1 1/2– 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash potatoes well, and place them in a large pot of water. Turn heat to high, and when the water is boiling, set timer for 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl mix together butter, olive oil, garlic salt, dried parsley, sage and pepper.
- When potatoes have boiled for 7 minutes remove them from the water and let them cool slightly so they are easier to handle.
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces and place them in a baking dish. I like to use my 9 x 13 stoneware baking dish.
- Pour the butter mixture over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Roast the potatoes at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes watching for them to turn golden brown on the outside and fork tender inside.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 344mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: roasted red potatoes, roasted potatoes, potatoes, potato side dish, healthy