Are you sick of pumpkin recipes yet? Okay good, me neither! Still going strong here. This recipe is a fun one that is inspired by the beloved peanut butter blossom cookie, but instead of a peanut butter cookie, we have snickerdoodles, and instead of a chocolate kiss, we have a pumpkin spice kiss. I found these yummy little morsels at my Target, along with a bajillion other adorable Fall candies that I could hardly resist. I’m such a sucker for seasonal things… I even bought Starburst flavored candy corns. Not a fan, but had to try them!
Most snickerdoodle recipes are made with shortening, and this makes them nice and soft and fluffy. I really wanted to avoid the shortening (for my heart’s sake and yours) so I tried doing a mixture of butter and coconut oil. Once again, loved the results! They were still nice and soft and fluffy and did not taste like coconut at all.
Of course, you can just make regular snickerdoodles with this recipe, just leave off the pumpkin spice kiss. I did that with my last batch, just so I could really get an idea for the texture of the cookie. Some of my boys preferred the cookies without the kiss, and others loved it with.
Also, if you tap the cookies on the counter while the kiss is still warm you can make these which look more like a filled thumbprint cookie. To set the melty kiss, just put the cookies in the fridge for a bit and they will harden up so you can stack them and store them.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These Pumpkin Spice Kissed Snickerdoodles are a fun fall treat. Made with coconut oil instead of shortening!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bag of Pumpkin Spice Kisses (Hershey’s)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, oil, and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at time, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cream of tarter, and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients on low speed until a dough is formed.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough into a tablespoon sized ball, and then roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place them on Sipat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, make sure you unwrap your kisses.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, press a kiss into the center of each one. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. If you would like to set the candy kiss, just place the cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Keywords: pumpkin spice kissed snickerdoodles, Hershey’s pumpkin spice kisses, snickerdoodles, cookies, fall baking