Hello friends! This is a sponsored post in partnership with Dave’s Killer Bread. Today we are teaming up to bring you this recipe for a stuffed french toast that is made with real pumpkin puree and flavored with pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup. It is perfect for special holiday breakfasts, or slow weekend mornings that deserve something a little more decadent.
I’m not really the kind of girl who usually fusses too much over breakfast. There’s a lot going in every morning to get my three boys ready for school, so my go-to breakfast is a slice of Dave’s Killer Bread toasted, buttered, and topped with a fried egg with a soft but not too runny yolk.
And coffee, most definitely, always and forever, coffee.
But sometimes the holiday season makes me want to make something a little bit extra special even for breakfast, and that’s where this Pumpkin Pie Spiced Stuffed French Toast comes in.
Cream cheese is whipped with pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup until soft and fluffy, and then sandwiched between two slices of Dave’s Killer Bread Seeded Honey Wheat. After a quick dunk in a mixture of pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, spice, brown sugar, and vanilla, the french toast is cooked in a buttery skillet to golden perfect.
And don’t forget about the toppings here – the sky’s the limit, but I liked mine with butter, more maple syrup and a sprinkle of dry roasted salted pepitas for crunch!
Hope you get the chance to slow down and savor a special breakfast this holiday season. Make something extra delicious and gather your loved ones close!
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread.Print
- 8 slices Dave’s Killer Bread Seeded Honey Wheat
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter for the pan or skillet
For the Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Real Maple Syrup
- Pepitas (roasted, salted pumpkin seeds)
- Coconut Flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip cream cheese, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Lay out eight slices of Dave’s Killer Bread Seeded Honey Wheat. Place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on the center of four of the slices, and top with the remaining half, pressing gently to spread the cream cheese toward the edges.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat, and then butter generously. Dip the bread into the pumpkin puree mixture, quickly, and then turn over and repeat. Allow excess to drip off, and then place on the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, adding more butter as needed. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, nuts, seeds, or coconut, and serve immediately.