Perfect for extra special holiday breakfasts, or slow weekend mornings that deserve something extra delicious!
- 8 slices Dave’s Killer Bread Seeded Honey Wheat
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter for the pan or skillet
For the Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Real Maple Syrup
- Pepitas (roasted, salted pumpkin seeds)
- Coconut Flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip cream cheese, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Lay out eight slices of Dave’s Killer Bread Seeded Honey Wheat. Place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on the center of four of the slices, and top with the remaining half, pressing gently to spread the cream cheese toward the edges.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat, and then butter generously. Dip the bread into the pumpkin puree mixture, quickly, and then turn over and repeat. Allow excess to drip off, and then place on the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, adding more butter as needed. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, nuts, seeds, or coconut, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving (toppings not included)
- Calories: 523
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 591mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 214mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie spice stuffed french toast, cream cheese stuffed french toast, pumpkin pie spice, french toast, fall